Peru Safari & our background in adventure travel & holidays
Our base in Peru is at our own family Hacienda in the Andes, and in the Galapagos Islands at our family’s boutique beach hotel.
We are passionate about the this area of South America, and sharing that passion with our clients.
With 20 years of experience within the travel industry in Latin America, our small, expert team have the experience to deliver life adventures that are truly unforgettable. We have a simple ethos at Peru Safari. Do one thing and do one thing well. We concentrate on one product, one company.
We believe that being crammed into tour buses and herded around, to necessarily stay at generic hotels with spas and conference facilities is not what often attracts experienced travelers.
A night around the camp fire, or a rustic mountain lodge under the stars with the family is often what makes for magical memories. For this reason we hand pick the properties we use with a view to giving you an experience of the real Peru with its people, culture, and wildlife. A positive side product of that policy is that it helps support local communities and puts investment where it is most needed on the ground.
For our small specialized groups, we offer independence, authenticity, and top quality equipment. Our team personally guide each tour, providing security, communications, and a helping hand along the way. However, your vehicle is yours for the duration, so you have total privacy and independence with our awesome Toyota Expedition Vehicles.
We intend to remain small, independent, and to provide totally unique Peru bespoke adventures for our clients.
Why Book your Peru Adventure with us?
You may or may not know, that many of the more well-known “smaller” adventure travel companies, despite having different websites, are actually part one conglomerate, of which travel adventure is only one small arm. They offer 100’s of countries, have 1000’s of employees and offer all things to all adventure travelers. Most do a great job. However, if a company focused on one product, one crafted and bespoke trip, where the owners and guides cared passionately about your experience from start to finish, would it make that holiday extra special? You bet it would. Just as you buy a specialized car to fulfill a certain roll, so you might want to consider using a specialized company for your Peru adventure, rather than a "jack of all trades". We are always available via live help support, telephone, or e-mail to answer any questions.
Scroll down below to meet the team...
OUR MISSION & VISION
Peru Safari is a specialized tour operator. We care passionately about Peru and the clients we share it with. Working closely with local sustainable businesses we provide jobs, and investment into indigenous communities in some of the most remote and poorest regions of Peru
Why are we unique?
Here at Peru Safari, we do what it says on the tin. We entirely own, operate, and stand by our own bespoke self drive 4x4 adventure journeys in Peru.
So, If your searching for spectacular scenery, natural wonders, and fascinating cultures then you'll love what our Peru and Galapagos trips are all about. If you crave an unforgettable way to see some of the most beautiful locations on Earth, but don’t enjoy being crammed into tour buses, then our self-drive Peru 4x4 is the ideal solution for an independent Peru adventure.
Whether you're about to embark on your first guided trip or you're a seasoned pro with well-worn travel trousers, you'll find that our small group adventures are crafted just for you. We know it's the little touches, the attention to personal detail and amazing people that create incredible 'wow' moments - that's why we personally arrange AND guide all our trips, and own our vehicles and equipment. No other UK company can make that claim.
A sense of achievement
Our overland adventures offer you the opportunity to challenge yourself. Whether you're new to adventure travel, or you've never traveled in a group before, you'll find yourself arriving home feeling different.
Exploring this diverse country, under your own steam, is at the heart of everything we do. We've carefully crafted our trips and we specialize ONLY in Peru, so your adventure with us is always a unique and memorable one.
Keeping things small means you'll get to know your fellow travelers and make lifelong friends as you share your adventure together. We travel with a maximum of four passengers per 4x4 vehicle, with a total group of no more than 8, allowing flexibility and freedom to do as much (or as little!) as you like.
Everything is included
Pack your bags, jump on your plane, look forward to a wonderful welcome on arrival at your destination and we'll take care of the rest. We make it simple and fun the whole way through.
We'll take good care of you from the moment you get in touch, through the excitement of the planning, the anticipation once you've booked and sharing in the exhilaration afterwards.
MEET THE TEAM
Deli and Indio are our invaluable operations team in Peru with…
Paul is married with two boys. He served in the UK…
Marisol originally worked in the travel industry in Peru, moving on…
Hans is originally from the Netherlands. After a round the world…
A healthy environment is vital to our tours, and we are passionate about protecting it.
Peru Safari is committed to responsible travel and true sustainability. It is vital that we lead by example during our stays in Peru, where many areas are suffering from multiple threats to the environment.
Over decades in the travel industry and sailing the world’s oceans, we have re-enforced our responsible travel philosophy, and the initiatives we have in place are continually assessed and improved upon. It is vital to us, that we minimize our impact, and where possible leave behind a positive impression.
The principles of “Leave No Trace” that Peru Safari subscribes to are:
- Plan Ahead and Prepare
- Travel and Camp on Durable Surfaces
- Dispose of Waste Properly
- Leave What You Find
- Minimize Campfire Impacts
- Respect Wildlife
- Be Considerate of Your Hosts and Other Visitors
- Respect for Cultural Values
- Acknowledgement of Customs
- Responsible use of Natural Resources
Our Responsible Travel policy commits us to genuine sustainability for our operations in Peru.
- Our tours in Peru are managed in a way where the natural and cultural values of the host region are undiminished in the long term. Where possible, Peru Safari engages in partnerships with local environmental groups and/or land managers to actively campaign for conservation or to promote environmental protection and/or rehabilitation.
- Travel should be as rewarding for the host community as it is for you the traveler. We believe in maximizing the benefits of tourism for host communities. This includes training and employment of local staff, using local suppliers and assisting in the development of sustainable local businesses. We use local restaurants and small hotels and hostels wherever possible and employ small local tour operators and guides who in turn must also prove a commitment to good environmental practice.
- We actively minimize the negative effects that tourism can have by ensuring that tourism does not divert resources away from local communities or drive up local prices.
- We provide opportunities for cultural exchange, where locals and visitors alike can share and learn from each other in an environment of mutual respect.
- We contribute to the welfare of the host community. This is epitomised in our TARMA SCHOOL program where we invite our travelers bring along & donate unwanted children’s clothing, pens, colouring crayons, paints, books or small financial contributions towards the program (operated in partnership with our Hacienda at Tarma).
- We endeavour to educate our travelers about the destination and its local cultures as well as providing guidelines on appropriate behaviour to minimize impact.